You Can Influence Your Grandchildren for God
Congratulations! As a grandparent, you have once again experienced the miracle of new life in your family.
Being a grandparent means you are older…wiser…and that you can offer your grandchildren something invaluable: the gift of influencing them for Christ.
In Great Lessons and Grand Blessings, Dr. Elmer Towns will take you on a journey through the lives of both famous—and infamous—grandparents of the Bible. Witness how Jacob gave his testimony to his grandsons; how Naomi faltered as a parent, but was given a second chance with her grandchild; how Noah’s sins affected his offspring’s children; and even how Paul became a spiritual teacher to Timothy.
By studying the lives of biblical grandparents, you will learn some of God’s greatest lessons and grandest blessings—even if you believe you have failed in the past. Such as:
- How to help your grandchildren claim their spiritual inheritance
- How to rescue a grandchild from ungodly influence.
- How to help you grandchildren avoid becoming prodigals.
- How an unfailing devotion to teaching the Scriptures to a grandchild can influence the world.
Your greatest gift to your grandchildren isn’t material—but spiritual. Be bold with your new calling. No matter what your past looks like, you have been given a second chance to motivate your grandchildren to greatness—for God.
This study guide is for use with the book Great Lessons and Grand Blessings. Contains 12 lesson outlines, each lesson focusing on a different grandparent in The Bible, with a fill-in-the-blank format for following along with the teaching, digging deeper into Scripture, and becomes a helpful guide for future reference…
- Lesson One: Jacob the Spiritual Giver
- Lesson Two: Naomi
- Lesson Three: Asa
- Lesson Four: Lois
- Lesson Five: Unknown Grandsons
- Lesson Six: Joash
- Lesson Seven: Mephibosheth
- Lesson Eight: Samuel
- Lesson Nine: Grandpa Mordecai
- Lesson Ten: Moses
- Lesson Eleven: Noah
- Lesson Twelve: Paul a Spiritual Grandfather
Designed for use by individuals, couples and groups.
Bulk Pricing for Groups:
$7.99 ea. (1-9 copies)
$6.99 ea. (10-19 copies)
$5.99 ea. (20+ copies)
- Paperback: 80 pages
- ISBN-10: 0768414334
- ISBN-13: 9780768414332
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.2 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.4 ounces
Be sure to also get the bestselling book…
- Great Lessons and Grand Blessings PRINTED BOOK, $16 value only $9.99
- Great Lessons and Grand Blessings eBook Instant PDF Download, $16 value only $4.99
Elmer L. Towns is Dean Emeritus of the School of Religion and Theological Seminary at Liberty University, which he co-founded in 1971 with Jerry Falwell. He has served many years as a pastor, Sunday school teacher, professor, church planter, conference speaker and is author of numerous books, some of which are bestsellers. Above all his accomplishments, he is blessed to be a loving father and grandfather.
Ruth Towns was an active member of her church and served as a director of the Family Life Service. As a pastor’s wife and mother of three children, she served in many capacities in her local church. She wrote this book with her husband in 2003, but passed away December 2013. In addition to being a great mother and role model, she was a beloved grandmother to her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.