Grandparents are one of the most valuable resources in your church
Many powerful voices are influencing young people today, from teachers and friends to celebrities and the media. To cut through all the noise, they need wise men and women to speak truth into their lives. Equipping Grandparents was written by family ministry experts to encourage church leaders to think about a demographic that has been overlooked and under-resourced in most churches: grandparents.
This book provides ideas and resources to help your church reach and disciple the youngest generation through grandparents. Get ready to see the lives of families changed as you help grandparents pass on their faith to their children’s children.
- Why Grandparenting Matters by Larry Fowler
- Understanding the Biblical Role of Grandparents by Josh Mulvihill
- Starting a Legacy Grandparenting Ministry in Your Church by Larry Fowler
- Helping Your Church Become More Intergenerational by Wayne Rice
- An Intergenerational Grandparenting Ministry Model by John Coulombe
- Ten Steps to Begin a Grandparent Ministry by Joanne Lundberg
- Casting the Vision to Your Pastor by Sherry Schumann
- Seriously, Another Program? What Does Grandparenting Ministry Really Mean for Pastors? by Cavin Harper
- Eight How-to Resources for Grandparents by Lynda Freeman
- Discipling Grandchildren: Fifteen Resources for Grandparents by Josh Mulvihill
“Equipping Grandparents contains practical and biblical advice for pastors and grandparents who want to impact the next generation with the Gospel. A wonderful resource!” Chuck Swindoll
“We’re so grateful that grandparents have the Legacy Coalition to coach them on how to use their influence to embed the gift of God’s grace into a new generation.” Tim Kimmel
“Equipping Grandparents is an essential primer to grandparenting ministry. Its writers are vetted leaders and pioneers in the ‘grandparenting movement.’ If you are looking for a resource to jump-start your efforts in establishing an outreach program in your church, buy this book.” Ken Canfield, founder, National Association of Grandparents
The Legacy Coalition is an organization committed to equipping grandparents to reach and disciple grandchildren and helping churches minister effectively to millions of Christian grandparents who need encouragement, training, and resources.
Josh Mulvihill (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the executive director of church and family ministry at Renewanation and has served as a pastor for nearly 20 years. He is a founding member and the director of resources for The Legacy Coalition, which is a national leader in grandparenting ministry. Josh is the author or editor of seven books on grandparenting, including Biblical Grandparenting and Equipping Grandparents, as well as Preparing Children for Marriage, and Rooted Kids Curriculum and Worship. Josh and his wife, Jen, live in Victoria, MN, and are blessed with five children.
- Paperback: 112 pages
- ISBN-10: 0764231308
- ISBN-13: 9780764231308, 9781570524936
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.8 ounces