The Complete Guide to Crisis & Trauma Counseling: What to Do and Say When It Matters Most is a biblical, practical guide to counseling written by one of the most respected Christian therapists of our time.
Dr. H. Norman Wright brings more than 40 years of clinical and classroom experience to this topic, and shares real-life dialogs from his decades in private practice to demonstrate healthy, healing counseling sessions.
Readers will learn how to counsel and coach both believers and non-believers who are in crisis, how to walk alongside them through the hours, weeks and months following their trauma and how to help them find the path to complete restoration.
[expand title=”Read more »” swaptitle=”Read less «”] 20 Chapters:
1. Counseling from a Biblical Perspective
2. Applications of Biblical Principles (Part 1)
3. Applications of Biblical Principles (Part 2)
4. Helping Others Recover from Their Losses in Life (Part 1)
5. Helping Others Recover from Their Losses in Life (Part 2)
6. Helping a Grieving Person Recover and Say Goodbye
7. What Is a Crisis?
8. The Phases of a Crisis
9. The Process of Crisis Intervention
10. When Time Doesn’t Heal All Wounds
11. Helping the Trauma Victim
12. The Crisis of Death
13. Deaths You Will Encounter
14. The Crisis of Suicide
15. Helping the Suicidal Person and His or Her Family
16. Ministering to Children at a Time of Loss, Crisis or Trauma
17. Children’s Crises
18. Guidelines to Help Children in Grief
19. The Crises of Adolescence
20. Helping the Adolescent
Plus: Conclusion: Using Scripture and Prayer and Making Referrals
Appendix: Resources for the Bereaved
Dr. H. Norman Wright is a licensed marriage, family and child therapist who was in private practice for more than 40 years. He is currently the Research Professor of Christian Education at Talbot School of Theology. He has authored more than 70 books.
- Hardcover: 464 pages
- ISBN-10: 0764216341
- ISBN-13: 9780764216343
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 1.2 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds