God is calling us to engage in His healing work — rebuilding, restoring, reconciling and entering into the lives of vulnerable children as a safe presence.
This book unpacks spiritual principles and scientific findings on the topic of trauma.
Compiled by a team of dedicated practitioners, these are actual examples of how wise interventions turned stories around.
Learn through real-life examples, Scripture, bite-sized trauma principles and questions for personal or group reflection.
A perfect gift for anyone who connects with children with a trauma background — classroom teacher, foster parent, coach, neighbor, volunteer or grandparent — these insights will equip adults with practical tools and wisdom.
- the past,
- our felt needs,
- feeling safe,
- the relationship between connection and correction, and the power of presence.
- What is our role in healing?
- How do our own histories factor into our interactions with children?
- What do we do with feelings triggered by someone else’s behavior?
- What are first steps we can take when a child is melting down?
- Find the answers to these and other questions as you learn the rhythm of a trauma-informed life.
Beth Guckenberger is the Co-Executive Director for Back2Back Ministries, the parent company of Trauma Free World, where she’s worked with vulnerable children for 25 years. Between biological, adopted and foster children, she and her husband Todd have raised 11 children. Beth leads a team of dedicated child welfare professionals, many of whom contributed to this resource. To learn more about trauma informed care, check out Traumafreeworld.org