We need a parenting revolution!
Most parenting approaches end up encouraging children to ask the wrong questions about life: What’s in it for me? Are you going to pay me for that? What’s the minimum I need to do to get by?
But God’s Word gives us a better way to parent, one that builds strong internal motivation in children. When parents change the way they parent, kids change the way they live. This practical book explores a theology of internal motivation and then gives parents real-life solutions to equip their kids for life.
You’ll learn . . .
• how to parent in ways that build internal motivation so that kids don’t have to rely on you to get things done.
• the four promptings of the conscience and how to coordinate your parenting to take advantage of them.
• ways to energize your spiritual training with fun and creativity.
• how to help children respond to mistakes instead of blaming, defending, or justifying.
The greatest gift you can give your child is strong moral and spiritual development―this book shows you how. Every chapter includes practical examples of families applying the Bible to their current issues.
Join the revolution.
Scott Turansky has been a pastor and missionary for more than 33 years and is an author of several books. In addition to pastoring full time, Scott also conducts parenting seminars on Saturdays around the United States (effectiveparenting.org). He is the cofounder of the National Center for Biblical Parenting (biblicalparenting.org) and has co-authored four books.
Joanne Miller is a pediatric nurse with 26 years of experience and the cofounder of the National Center for Biblical Parenting. She is the coauthor of seven parenting books.
- Paperback : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0529100738
- ISBN-13 : 9780529100733
- Item Weight : 8.9 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 0.75 x 8.38 inches