This Dictionary contains every biblical name and…
- Various shades of Hebrew or Greek meanings for each name
- The nearly 40 self-revealing names for God
- The 275 Descriptive titles for Jesus
- The 100 scriptural designations for Christians
Your own relationship with God will be enriched as you gain in–depth understanding of the meanings of biblical names.
Whether you are looking for a biblical name for your child, or doing in-depth research, this book of scriptural treasures will have what you are looking for, and more.
The Complete Dictionary of Bible Names is filled with relevant information for any student of the Bible.
This Dictionary serves as an easy reference tool, providing quick meanings for every name in the Bible, as well as pronunciation guides and family relation information, helping you make connections with the many people mentioned throughout scripture.
In western culture we seldom pay attention to the meanings of names. However we often give people nicknames based on their personalities and character traits.
In a similar way, names given in biblical times had much to say about the character, prophetic calling, or circumstances at the time of a person’s birth.
For instance, Jacob’s name (he stole the firstborn blessing from Esau) means “supplanter” (or trickster). God later changed his name to “Israel,” which means, “He will be a prince with God” or “One who prevails with God.”
In the final book of the Bible, one of the promises given to overcomers is that they will be given “a new name.” (Revelation 2:17)
Names are important…
- Grow in your knowledge of God’s nature and character.
- Have a great understanding of Scripture.
- Find a biblical name with specific meaning and purpose for your child.
- Paperback : 271 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1610361113
- ISBN-13 : 9781610361118
- Item Weight : 9.6 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.5 x 8.9 inches